Friday, February 13, 2009

update to dr. appointment

so my bloodwork came back ok...fsh is 9.4 - they said i'm just squeaking in below their 9.5 they look for...yeah me (read with sarcasm)!

previous month's fsh levels were: 9.1, 11, 8.04

my ana test was negative. this test was to check my auto-immune levels to see if my body was somehow attacking itself and with the test being negative, it's not.

estrogen was low...38 - good - as it indicates the cyst will go way on it's own (which we found out this month is true, estrogen was low last month too), but it's not going to prevent them from being there in the first place b/c of the high fsh. they anticipate the cyst will flip flop between my left and right ovaries til the end of time...so...

dr. p had me start the bcp's last night...it was a struggle to do and i waited until the last possible second to do it before i went to bed. somehow it seemed less real to me if i were chewing it (yes, they're chewable...strangest thing i've ever heard) while 1/2 asleep...like i really wasn't doing it, or wouldn't remember anyway. i did.

i'll take 3 weeks worth and then my nasty friend should appear about 3 days later and then i call and start the whole b/w and u/s fun all over again. they are expecting and hopeful (i'm not so sure, but trying to remain positive) that my left cyst will have "disappeared" and nothing new will have appeared and then we can go ahead and order meds and get this show on the road.

5 comments:

  1. I do truely believe that something good will come out of all this crazyness. Keep positive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm trying! It is crazyness...that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending major cyst-shrinking vibes your way! I know it's tough to wait when you want to get on with it already. It will all happen at just the right moment. Hang in there. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you. I don't want to pretend I know how hard this is, but I can imagine each month lasts forever! Thanks again for sharing. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for blog invite! I'm so sorry about the cyst. Go away cyst!

    ReplyDelete