Sunday, January 25, 2009

a fresh start

alright. i've decided that it's time i need to take control of myself. i need to get a handle on my weight and my stress. although i know that stress can't have caused my pof or high fsh, i know that once i get that under control that my weight and stress can then still prevent me from getting the big positive on the pg test that i want so badly.

i've been wanting to do yoga for quite some time now. john has been doing it for years and has lost a lot of weight and rid himself of a lot of stress-related tension through it, so when my sister informed me last week that her weekly prenatal yoga class (yeah, she's the fertile mertile in our family - she's due with #2 in april - she'll have 2 under 2 - 20 months apart) has now been opened up to women dealing with infertility too, i thought it might be something good to get involved in.

she got a free pass and wants me to join her on wednesday evening to give it a try. i am a little unsure/apprehensive about walking into a room full of bellies...granted, mine will be there too, just a little jigglier and empty, but after she informed me that the instructor suffers from infertility herself (she did ivf to conceive her 1st - and they have been unsuccessful so far with #2) and couple that with the fact that i know her too, i thought i would give it a shot. so we'll see.

i also got involved with a group of girls i met through blogging. they have a "hot mama's club" blog that is an online support for women who are mommies and are trying to lose the belly/baby weight. we post weekly weigh-ins, share recipes and exercise tips that work for each of us...the site it private which is nice too...should be fun.

i've also scheduled a physical exam with my family dr. for 2.6.09 to get checked out. we all know that i'm having issues with my girly-parts, but i want to make sure that everything else is working as well. my mom is going in for a cardiac catheterization on tuesday after failing her stress tests and ultrasounds and they found blockage. well, i guess it was a wake-up call to me. she's been at a great weight for years...eats right and takes care of herself...and now this. i'm a mess...so am i playing roulette?

i also see the gym becoming a part of my life in the very near future too...but only after i get checked out by the doc and am given the ok. i've done really well with watching what i've been eating/drinking, but i really need to do more with exercise! so we'll see what happens.

so that's what's been going on with me...i'll post again later in the week or on the weekend.

go and make it a great week!! i know i'm going to try!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear how your first yoga session goes!! Remember to have fun with it and it won't feel like a lot of work and BREATHE!

    Also can't wait to see your "Hi, my name is..." post of LTB blog! Welcome my friend! Let's get healthy together. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you and your mom today because my dad was admitted to the hospital with chest pains. Turns out he has pericarditis (I don't know how to spell it).

    I love yoga. Nobody really cares about how you look in the class because they're all worried about looking funny or finding their zen or some other cosmic/karmic something. I don't know.

    When you join the gym, I highly suggest that you think about getting trainer. I am a workout dropout and without my trainer, I would have bailed on this round already. She holds me accountable, and doesn't put up with my excuses. It'll take longer to take off the weight than you want, but I know you'll begin feeling better really soon. I don't think I look any different but I feel better.

    Good luck, Friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete