Friday, May 22, 2009

gone too soon

it's over.

i went in today for my "in between to calm my nerves" appointment and there was no heartbeat on the doppler or the ultrasound. i saw my baby inside of me and it's tiny little heart was no longer beating. my baby is gone.

today i was 10 weeks 5 days...baby d only measured 9 w.

i go in tuesday for a dc+e. they will remove "the tissue" as my precious baby is now referred to and will send it out for chromosomal testing. yes, you read that right...tuesday as in 4 days from today. the wonderfully long holiday weekend now means that i have to carry my baby...my dead baby...inside of me for 4 days until the surgery. yeah, nice.

i can't believe this is happening to me. i can't believe this is happening to my family again.

please pray. there is nothing more anyone can do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Christy! I was completely shocked when I read this post. I am so so sorry. I want you to know that I am only a phone call away, but I'm going to give you and your family some alone time to grieve. I don't know what to say to comfort you except that I love you so much, and I'll be praying for everyone. When you're ready, please give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I'm so terribly sorry! I saw something you posted on FB and feared the worst. I can't wait to give you a hug in just about 4 weeks! If there's anything I can do before then, PLEASE let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear this, I had no clue. Please take time to heal.

    ReplyDelete